Sunday, January 31, 2010

Projects abound!

Hello!
Today, class, we shall look at my projects as of late.

Here we can see my project list, keep in mind this list is only my knitting projects...the following sheets on this legal pad include other project lists, such as sewing, metal/bead work, misc., organizing...etc.
But, my knitting list is by far the longest, this picture doesn't even show the most up to date (even though I took it moments ago!) as I still have a few projects on there I forgot about and need to now add...::scribbles::
First up is my "February Beret" that pattern is from SockPixie. I actually started this back in early December 2009, but a combination of looming finals, and the fact that I kept fudging the lace pattern and ripping back rows of lace (and actually saving ALL of the stitches in a scenario like this is like a complete mind-fuck) I threw it in a pile/box and left it there until I had my brain cells back.
I restarted this past Friday, ripped it back to the I-cord brim and started fresh, picking up all those 126 stitches and then increasing to 189 for the pattern. So far I've only had to rip back once, and all went well, so I am still sane. I hope to have it done sometime before February ends, and it can keep it's namesake (ignoring it's December birth and January reincarnation...)


Next is the "Envelope Afghan" which can be found here. I have a ton of cheap yarn I bought at Ocean State a few years ago when I first began knitting, at the time I made a sweater with the blue and brown colors, but I also ended up with a ton of pink, red and purple (the purple which became a poncho for a friend) so I have some purple left over, and some red, and a LOT of pink. It's very warm yarn, though, and so, despite it's extremely fake quality I decided it should become a blanket. Unfortunately it's probably going to be a very pink blanket. Sigh.

Here is my pride & joy at the moment. After making a few pairs of the Cranford Mitts I decided to try my hand at creating my own hand-warmer/glovelet pattern. And so this was born, I only have one a the moment, as you can see, but I am very proud of it! They are a bit snug (though I have pretty small hands for a person my size) but once I have completed a second one I may put them up for sale in my Etsy Shop and then continue experimenting! They are made from Patons Angora Bamboo yarn, which is very soft and also a bit pricey (for me, I am frugal). In either case I am pleased and excited. Also my shop needs something pretty and worth selling!


And last, but not least, this bra/bikini top. The pattern is from Knitty, though as you can see I have modified it a bit, using two colors instead of one. I don't think I've ever followed a pattern exactly, aside from the first sock I knit, but in the end I ran out of yarn so it remains unfinished...and finishing was part of the pattern...so...
Anywho, this is the beginning of my Valentines get-up ^_^ there are few loose ends I need to weave in (seen here) and then I have to finagle the elastic and hooks for the back (probably won't use the Knitty suggestion and improvise with things I have...) and ALSO I will be attempting to make a bottom to match, which I will have to pull out of my own head, so stay tuned!

Alright, that's all for now!

Peace.

No comments: