Sunday, February 28, 2010

I still have 10 minutes before it's no longer February

Sooooo, the story goes that I started this beret back in December and then threw it at the wall in frustration, I picked it back up at the beginning of this month since it's pattern name is "February Beret" and I wanted to finish it in due time.
The only problem was that at the very end, when I could see the golden light, I ran out of yarn...exactly.
I took my trusty skein sleeve and went on the hunt, but it was to no avail, the brand (Brown Sheep) while still very active, no longer had the color/dye lot on their website, and I was only able to visit one of the locations that sold that brand and they did not have a color that came close enough to match.
Sad face.
And so I put my beloved/loathed project in a bag and tucked it away until I had more resources, until today.
So, I live on the East coast, and as many people might know we recently got hit with a pretty big storm, I am close(er) to the water so most of the storm for me was RAIN, lots, and lots and lots of RAIN.
That being said I had been keeping tabs with my roomie about the condition of our basement and the giant water mark on my ceiling...as I was away in the land of boyfriend during most of the madness.
Awesome roomie texted me yesterday before I came home to say we had had a little bit of water in the basement so I should check out my stuff just to be safe, so I did.
LO AND BEHOLD. In my random crap, most of it destined for yard sale, one glorious skein of the EXACT same yarn as I had been pining after!
Why was it in my yard sale bin? I HAVE NO FUCKING CLUE.
I also don't know if it came along with the other skein my grandmother gave me, but I can only assume that that is the case!
Anywho! My beret is now FINISHED (done earlier than this post) and it was completed for it's due date! ^_^
Below you can see the progress, I'll post the finished piece once I block it (my first time to block something, too!)
(finally on DPNs!)

No comments: